St. Catherine's

In December 2002, fire completely destroyed the interior of St. Catherine’s Church, originally built in 1910. While the parish coped with a temporary home in the relatively cramped quarters of the Razzle Dazzle building, the faith community of Fairview rallied support, financially and spiritually, and decided to rebuild. The site was blessed on June 27, 2004m on the lot immediately to the west of the old church site. Construction began in DSCN0133the fall of that year and was completed in late spring of 2005. The altar, and a few other items, were salvaged from the old church and lovingly cleaned and placed in the new church. Many items were donated from area churches, businesses, and individuals. Fr. Greg Staudinger celebrated the first Mass in the new church on Pentecost Sunday in May. On August 14, 2005 Anthony Milone presided at the Dedication of the ‘new’ St. Catherine’s, risen indeed from ashes. With the extraordinary efforts and financial generosity of so many people, this beautiful building truly represents a place “where all are welcome” to worship and celebrate the Grace of our LoDSCN0137rd.